Father, Dad, Pop, Big Dan. Whatever you call him, he can make the world what we know of it.
Father’s Day is around the corner and this list, curated by the awesome dads in the Beardbrand family, has something for even the most difficult Dad to buy for. Almost all of these have free standard shipping.
Top Father's Day Ideas
1. Beardbrand Old Money Utility Balm - A distinguished fragrance of oak, bourbon, black pepper, and amber combined with antioxidant rich mango, cocoa and shea butters, and moisture locking jojoba and apricot oil, for a thousand and one potential uses. This balm will get dad's beard baby snuggle ready, it’s good for feet and hands and any other rough patch head to toe. Warning, you may want to get one for mom too.
2. The Shinola name speaks for itself. These are excellently crafted goods made to last a lifetime, or two. The Shinola Classic Slim Bifold Leather Wallet is made of premium American oiled leather and has 8 interior pockets and a cash slot (dad’s always have cash). It will only improve with age. Monogramming also available.
3. Audioengine A2+ Powered Speakers hold claim as the most celebrated desk speaker by WIRED, Sound & Vision, Gizmodo, The Absolute Sound, PCMag, and others. With a built in digital-to-analog converter (DAC), wireless ability and low-profile size, this complete speaker kit will give your dad’s office vibe a major upgrade. Comes in 3 colors.
4. The most advanced Apple Watch yet, the Apple Watch Series 2 has a built-in GPS and GLONASS is water resistant up to 50 meters with a 1 a dual‑core processor, a 2x brighter display, and watchOS 3. Now you can reach dad any time, nudge him to keep an eye on his health and activity levels and keep him up to date with all the sports and news alerts his heart desires.
5. The Saddleback Leather Co. Front Pocket Canvas Gear Bag has an impressive 100 year warranty, super durable naturally water resistant canvas and stainless steel hardware. There are easily accessible exterior pockets and more inside for a laptop. This bag is sturdy and roomy but not bulky. It’s a great daily carry all that will only improve with use.
6. The Miansai Webbing Belt is a lightweight, packable summer belt with a classy leather detail and stainless steel buckle, sure to hold up dad’s summer shorts in style.
7. There is NO substitute for a good pair of socks. You know, the ones you dig in the laundry basket for. The ones that just set your day right, don’t quit and keep you feeling tall until you peel them off. These Richer Poorer socks are those socks. Plus, they have classic and fun prints to suit any dad.
8. 3Sixteen CT-100x Denim for the dad that appreciates anything made well and for you who wants to get him out of stone washed thin weight jeans he's been wearing since the turn of the millennium. The CT-100x is a mix of the classic straight and slim tapered cut which results in a jean that provides a high rise, room in the top block and a taper from the knee down. The 100x raw indigo selvedge denim has an extremely soft hand on the inside that is uncharacteristic of raw denim, making it very easy to break in. Be sure to check out sizing information on their website for the right fit.
Other Father's Day Ideas
9. We are big coffee drinkers at Beardbrand HQ and since it’s basically a prerequisite for a Dad to like coffee, this Intelligentsia Coffee Subscription is the gift that keeps on giving. These people know what they are doing. There are tons of options for coffee or tea, if you prefer, from all the best coffee growing regions around the world. Don’t know which to choose, that’s ok! The website is there to help guide your purchase from flavor to delivery frequency, down to the day of the week.
10. Presto 03430 Pizzazz Oven - The best rated out there and not the most expensive (a rare thing indeed). This almost essential kitchen gadget is easy to clean and won’t over heat the whole house like the kitchen oven can.
11. Wonderful Pistachios, Salt & Pepper Flavor, 48 Ounce - Hands down the most addictive snack in modern history. Just get these for everyone, for every holiday, forever and you will be thanked.
12. Get dad the Echo Leaf Blower so he can up his lawn and patio game! It’s a low noise, gas powered, professional leaf, grass, snow blower that dad can brag about during grill chatter, all summer long.
13. A pen that draws respect that won’t break the bank or dad’s nerves trying to find refills. The Everyman Grafton Pen comes in black or silver.
14. These Silicone Ice Sphere Molds chill a beverage evenly and melt slowly to keep dad’s spirit of choice from being diluted. They stack in the freezer to save space, are made BPA free and are dishwasher safe. Comes with a set of 2.
15. Noah Marion Quality Goods Round Coaster Set. Classy, minimalist leather coasters that will patina beautifully with age. Comes with four coasters that can be monogrammed with Pops initials.
16. A wardrobe staple that is always a great gift idea for any dad, or brother or grandpa or guy pal on your list. These Levi’s Slim Fit Crew Neck Tees come in a 2 pack and are nice enough to wear alone or layer as an undershirt.
17. The Old Man and the Sea, By Ernest Hemingway - A classic that you can read and reread. It tells the story of a simple man in a struggle with nature. Available in a paperback, hardback or audio.
The Most Important Father's Day Gift
18. Quality time. It was honestly and adorably the first answer of every dad I asked. There is no substitution for it.
“Children grow up so fast. It’s vital to be able to find that balance of providing for your family, your personal time, and time with your children. There is no perfect way to do it, and you’ve gotta find something that works for you. That being said, you’re never going to be able to go back in time, but you can always find ways to make more money.” - Eric Bandholz