In today’s episode, Eric and Clayton are coming at you with the top 10 tips on how to look and feel your best. Whether it’s staying hydrated or getting your heart rate up, these are easy tips that are going to have you looking healthy and feeling great in no time.
1) Stay hydrated. Drinking plenty of water has numerous benefits ranging from hydrating your skin and giving it a healthy glow, to flushing out toxins and boosting immune system functions. Keep water on hand all day and swap out the sodas and sugary drinks for some H2O instead.
2) Drink black coffee. For habitual coffee drinkers, the dairy and sugar you consume in the average cup of coffee are not the healthiest substances to introduce into your body. Black coffee on the other hand is proven to boost your metabolism, give you a healthy shot of antioxidants, and is even shown to help reduce your risk of type 2 diabetes.
3) Get moving. Go for a job, take a long walk, do anything that will get your body moving and get the endorphins pumping.
4) Integrate calisthenics into your life. Eric digs CEO Strength which is a program designed to get you stronger and fitter without even needing a gym.
5) Don’t supersize. If you have to go the way of the fast-food option, at least minimize the damage that type of food can do by going for the smaller portions and the healthier options whenever possible.
6) Try cutting out processed red meats. This can help lower your risk of colon cancer and can help lower cholesterol levels as well.
7) Eat nut snacks. They’re healthy, convenient, and are filled with unsaturated fats, protein, and Omega-3 fatty acids.
8) Take supplements if you need them. Vitamin D is a biggie – if you don’t get outside as much as you’d like, you can take a vitamin D supplement to help balance things out.
9) Get your cardio in. Get the heart rate up and break a sweat – your body will thank you for it.
10) Swap booze for marijuana. All things in moderation, but the occasional enjoyment of some marijuana can add a bit of fun to your life and have you feeling mellow and happy.
ABOUT OUR PODCAST:
The Urban Beardsman Podcast is a show bringing listeners strategies on how to improve their lives. We cover a broad range of topics from style to travel; entertainment and more. Hear a new episode every Monday on iTunes and Soundcloud.