If you’ve got the itch to live in a new place, we salute you! And we also have five quick tips to make your transition a little easier.
1) Scout the area. Visit the city, learn about things like the public transportation, the neighborhoods, the parks, and be a tourist for a little while. Get your ducks in a row and have a plan.
2) Take some risk. Your plans aren’t always going to go the way you think, and sometimes it’s good to get out of your comfort zone.
3) Become a regular. Find your new haunt – check out local coffee shops, bars, restaurants, and the like. This will lead to meeting people and building relationships in a new place, and getting connected to your new home.
4) Start networking. Find social events and ways to connect to people and become immersed in the community.
5) Celebrate. You’ve done it, compadre. You’re part of the family now, so get out and celebrate. Post about it, show your friends around, take in a sunset, and break out the champagne.
To hear more, listen to the full podcast at the link above!
ABOUT OUR PODCAST:
The Urban Beardsman Podcast is a show bringing listeners strategies on how to improve their lives. We cover a broad range of topics from style to travel; entertainment and more. Hear a new episode every Monday on iTunes and Soundcloud.