You’ve got questions, and he has answers.
In today’s episode, Carlos is responding to our followers’ and readers’ fashion-centric questions that you guys submitted.
1) How would you describe your style?
Carlos likes to keep it simple – plain white or black t-shirts are a staple, and he like Nudie Jeans for their style and the way they wear. So the takeaway here is, simple is always solid and reliable.
2) What are your summer style tips?
Being based in the UK, Carlos sees lots of rainy days. But when he travels he swears by shorts, flip-flops, and either tank-tops or just goes shirtless.
3) Who’s your style icon?
There are too many to choose from, so Carlos names a couple of his top favorites – he draws inspiration from movies and cites Marlon Brando in The Wild One, James Dean in Rebel Without A Cause as great guys to look to for classic style, and also digs Steve McQueen and Ryan Gosling’s styles.
4) What’s your favorite thing in your wardrobe right now?
He’s going with his biker leather jacket from his upcoming clothing brand Roque & Soul.
5) What trend do you think needs to be retired immediately?
Carlos digs ripped jeans, but the totally destroyed jeans are just not something he can get into.
6) What are the biggest mistakes guys make with clothes?
Pay attention to fit and comfort, guys. If you feel comfortable when you wear something, you’re going to feel confident, and that’s the best style you can have.
7) What’s the best style advice you’ve ever heard?
Don’t try too hard. Dress in a way that feels true to you.
8) What is your must-have accessory?
He’s going with a good bag – from backpacks to totes and messenger bags, Carlos says it’s a must-have for a guy looking to round out his style.
9) If you had to stick to a certain color, what would it be?
Primarily blacks and greys, as it is the most versatile color in his arsenal.
10) Where is the best place to buy clothes?
He enjoys vintage shops and finds great t-shirts, hats, jackets and more. Sometimes it just takes a little digging to find the perfect piece for you.