Eric Bandholz is back on the channel to give his predictions of the 5 most popular beard styles for 2017!
1. The Mustache - Not just any mustache, rather large, gnarly mustaches. This style will make you stand out in a crowd. The modern mustache doesn't resemble the vintage handlebar style seen in previous trends. The new mustache is more styled to look like the Tom Selleck signature cop 'stache. It's not being worn ironically anymore. Guys are starting to sport the lip beard in pursuit of style.
2. The Scruffy Goat - This hybrid beard is popping up more frequently. The scruffy goat is easy to maintain, and does a great job of adding structure to your jaw line. This style can also we sported if you have patches around the cheeks. The beauty of stubble is it conceals patches that become much more noticeable with longer beards. The secret is to maintain a well kept stubble around the cheeks and sideburns, while adding a little length the the stache and goatee area.
3. The Disconnected Stache - This style is often seen being sported by Beardbrand's Carlos Costa. A disconnected mustache involves a 2-4 month old beard, with a larger, unkempt mustache that sits on top of the beard. The beard needs to maintained around the neck and cheek line.
4. The Short Beard - Many of the big bearded fellas hate to see this happen. Guys are going shorter and shorter with their beards. Whether you're in favor of this or not, it's the newest trend amongst the 18-28 year old trend setting age group. The look resembles more of a corporate beard style with a neatly trimmed, and often blended mustache. This beard is symmetrical in length, and involves minimal upkeep. A short beard can really involve any length from stubble to a minimalist beard length.
5. The Yeard - Although the trend is going shorter, some rebellious dudes are actually growing out their beards. That's right, the yeard lives on. However, guys who are going for length are leaning towards keeping their face forest more groomed and controlled. With the tools and knowledge available now, its easier than ever to stay on top of your grooming practices.