Growing a beard is a learning process, so mistakes are bound to happen. But today, Clayton is here to help you avoid a few of them by going over the top five that beardsmen tend to make.
1) Lack of patience. You’ve got to give it time, guys! Don’t make hasty decisions when it comes to your beard – if you’re feeling frustrated or you want to make a snap change, you’re going to hack it off and shave it down and end up with a face-full of regret.
2) You screwed up trimming. Nothing wrong with giving your beard a good trim, but make sure you know what you’re doing before you do it. The neckline is a common area in which mistakes are made, so do your homework and figure out exactly where the trim needs to happen.
3) Washing every day. Of course you want to keep it clean, but you actually don’t need to wash your man mane every single day. Try to stick to every 2-3 days, otherwise you strip your hair of natural essential oils and it will lead to dry, brittle hair.
4) You’re not using beard care products. The best way to combat dry, coarse beard hair is to grab some beard care products to keep your beard looking healthy, soft, and hydrated.
5) Don’t compare your beard to other beards. Rock what you’ve got with confidence! Embrace the beard you have and enjoy the uniqueness of it.